My house is pretty small so i've really become obsessed with the idea of making little spaces appear larger. So, that is my current personal project. My bathroom has no windows, my closet is extremely small, the kitchen barely has enough room for a dining table! Everything that i could use to open up a space has been limited. I'm not going to post any pictures of the rooms in my house because it's pretty much all under construction at the moment. But i do have some creative 'before and after' ideas that helped inspire me.
(white really helps open up a room!you don't want too many dark colors)
(I love this! The blue gives it a cool effect and allows light to come in.)
A few other tips i've learned:
- Mirrors make a room seem larger by reflecting any natural light.
- Only keep the essentials. Anything you don't use is just taking up space.
- Keep window covering sheer to allow more light to come in.
- Use paint combinations that reflect light. Anything but dark colors.
- Chose furniture that doubles as storage.
- Make sure furniture is the proper scale for the space it is in.
- Use vertical stripes on walls or cabinets for easy decorating.